SUP rentals at Gyro Beach Board Shop are super-easy! We get the boards ready for you on wheeled carts at our shop in Cadboro Bay Village, Victoria BC then it’s a 5-minute walk to the beach.
Book yourself using our online platform below or give us a call and we can reserve boards for you.
SUP rentals include a stand-up paddle board, leash, life vest, and transport cart. All of our boards are rigid/fiberglass for added safety and superior glide. Wondering what type of board to rent? Check our Board Guide on the tab below.
Booking a board:
1. Choose a stand up paddle board to ride
2. Pick a day and select a time slot
3. Click the “Book Now” button
If booking more than one board, repeat for each paddler
2 Hour Rental
• Stand up paddle board (ridid/fibreglass)
• Life Vest
• Transport Cart, straps
We also provide the following:
• Equipment sizing (board, life vest, paddle)
• Brief tutorials on transport, launch and paddling
• All paddlers aged 19 and older must sign an adult waiver prior to their rental session. This may be a digital form or a hard copy signed in person at the shop
• Minors 18 years of age and under must have an adult guardian sign an indemnification on their behalf. This may be a digital form or a hard copy signed in person at the shop
• We are located at 3840 Cadboro Bay Rd, Saanich BC, V8N 4G2
• There is free 2-hour parking near our shop or you may park all day for free in Cadboro-Gyro Park. This lot gets exceptionally busy during the summer
• Please check in at Gyro Beach Board Shop 5 to 10 minutes prior to your session
• You are required to sign a waiver at this time if you have not done so already
• Life vests are required for stand up paddle boarders as deemed by Transport Canada. They may be stored on your board or worn. We always recommend wearing your life vest especially if you are paddling on your own.
• You will be fitted for a life vest prior to departure and will be shown how to adjust it for comfort and safety
• If you have your own life vest, you are welcome to wear it however it must be certified by Transport Canada
• Our paddles are adjustable to accommodate adults and youth of most heights. Staff will assist you in sizing your paddle to the proper length
• The stand up paddle boards in our rental fleet are all “hard” boards made from fibreglass and epoxy resin. We believe these are superior to inflatable SUP’s when it comes to function and safety. They are fitted according to height and weight so don’t be surprised if we ask you for this information. A general approximation is fine.
• Unless otherwise requested, we aspire to have your SUPs strapped to trolleys and ready to go for your short walk to the beach
• The best launch site is steps away from our shop at Cadboro Gyro Beach.
• If you are not familiar with the beach and local waters, we are happy to answer any questions you might have
• Cadboro Bay is well protected so we recommend paddlers stay in the Bay to avoid currents that occur outside of the Bay
• You are welcome to take your rental board to another location but must have a proper rack or adequate cargo space to safely transport
• We will assist you in loading the SUPs onto your vehicle and supply straps to secure the boards
• We have one set of soft racks available that will accommodate a single SUP
• Should the weather be deemed unsafe for paddling we may contact you by phone or email in advance of your rental session
• We encourage you to consult our weather page for the forecast and current condition
• If you are concerned about the forecast or current conditions, feel free to call us
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.