Appletree AppleSlice Foil Board
$1,949.00 – $1,999.00 CAD
Introducing the Appletree Appleslice Foil Board! Wing foiling might just be the fastest developing sport in the world at the moment and within just a few short years, it has progressed so much. What was once slowly cruising back and forth, is now flips, spins, riding waves, down winding and racing too, and in everything from light wind to proper stormy conditions.
The Appleslice V2 is Appletree Surfboards most versatile wing foil board. Flat water, waves or freestyling? You can do it all on one board! The Slice V2 is primarily designed for both flat water and wave riding but that doesn’t mean you can’t jump and try freestyle tricks with it as it’s actually more than capable of that as well. The Appleslice caters to a broad audience of riders. The range starts at a very low volume that can also be used as a prone foil surf board or for accomplished riders that can get away with limited volume. Going up in the volume range, the boards get increasingly easier to ride. And the range tops out at a 110L in 5’7 length, ideal for heavier riders in low wind conditions.
• Compact Shape – The short, wide design allows for better control if you hit the water with the rail when racing upwind or making tight turns
• Hull – features a boat hull type bottom that quickly flattens out under the front foot. Similar to a race boat, this hull shape helps deflect the water when accelerating.
• Elongated planing surface – After the hull entry, the bottom flattens out to provide a stable planing surface. The tail of the Appleslice V2 is straight with a hard edge at the end. This bottom is ideal for accelerating and releasing off the water getting you on the foil quicker.
• Foil tracks – positioned slightly forward to accommodate the use of newer high aspect foils that work better when placed more at the front
• Rails – Bevelled rails to help deflect the water on touchdown
• Volume Distribution – The volume in the Appleslice V2 is distributed evenly over the shape, making it easy to balance when on the knees. Once on the foil, the board feels balanced and is easy to turn and manoeuver. In the bigger sizes, this board is very easy to control when you are still learning, while the smaller sizes allow the board to improve your riding.
Appletree foil boards are well thought out and unique in the industry. Not only in their shape, but especially in their construction. This is possible because Appletree has their own production facility so the process is controlled from start to finish.
50K CLOSED CELL FOAM
It all starts with the core. Every Appletree board starts with a foam core of 50K closed cell foam. This foam is formalized exclusively for Appletree, it is not used in any other board in the market. The foam can withstand 50.000 kg per square meter, while staying very light, and most of all very flexible. Another plus of 50K foam is that it is closed cell, meaning that the foam will not take in water, and the board will not blow out when it gets hot.
100% CARBON FIBER CONSTRUCTION
All Appletree foil boards are produced in our 100% carbon fiber construction. You want carbon fiber in a foil board for its stiffness and strength. A stiff board will give you the best control and response from the foil. Also stiffness will make pumping the foil much more effective. With carbon fiber the board is extremely strong while really light at the same time.The most stress in a foil board is in the connection of the foil to the board. So this is where we put extra care and attention to make it the strongest connection available. The foil mount is CNC cut with the board, for the highest precision. We only use FUTURES oneshot boxes as they are the strongest in the industry. The boxes are placed in a panel of ultra high density PET honeycomb. This PET honeycomb itself is sandwiched in carbon again. Meaning there is carbon fiber both inside the board and outside. The honeycomb’s open structure ensures a solid connection between inside and outside, fusing everything together into a solid block. Appletree’s lamination process is completely different as well, using a specialized vacuum technique developed in-house.
• We do not ship SUP, surf, or foil boards through courier or Canada Post due to the high incidence of breakage
• Pick up at our shop or choose Local Shipping at checkout for delivery in Greater Victoria/ southern Vancouver Island
• Pick up at our shop or choose Local Shipping for delivery in Greater Victoria/ southern Vancouver Island
• We do not ship boards through Canada Post or courier due to the high incidence of breakage
• Local delivery is possible for large items such as stand-up paddle boards, surfboards, longboards and foil boards
• Depending on driver availability we aspire to get your items to you asap
• $50 for delivery within the Greater Victoria Region up to 40 km distance* from our shop
• $100 for delivery in the South Island 40 to 100 km* distance from shop
• Delivery fees are subject to GST and will be added at checkout
• We do our best to get the boards to you in a timely fashion but can’t always accommodate specific dates/times eg birthday celebrations, anniversaries, etc.
*Exceptions are deliveries to outlying islands. We can try to meet you at a ferry landing if it helps you out…we are all island dwellers, after all.
There are no reviews yet.