Stand Up Paddle Board Lessons – COMING SOON!
Stand up paddle board lessons in Cadboro Bay are our specialty! We love introducing new paddlers to the sport and our local waters are second to none. Each lesson is 90 minutes long and all gear is included in the price. Our instructors are Paddle Canada certified and have First Aid training. We will be starting lessons again in the Spring and will be booking lessons by request. Should you need to accommodate a large group, this may be possible with adequate lead-up time.
We find that most individuals get a handle on basic skills quite quickly so if time allows, we are happy to take you on a tour of the bay. Alternatively, should you choose to advance your skills further, we also offer more in-depth stand up paddle board training through Paddle Canada.
Our minimum age for stand up paddle board lessons is 8. There is no maximum! If you have any mobility limitations, please message us and we will do our best to accommodate you and your group.
• 90 minutes of instruction
• Paddle Canada Certified instructor
• The following gear: stand up paddle board, paddle, leash, life vest, transport cart
• Flexible format: eg. learn basic skills then take a tour or learn more advanced skills
Wetsuits are not included. All of our boards are rigid/fibreglass/epoxy so very stable however there is always a chance of falling in the water. We have put together a list of “What to Bring” for beginner paddlers.
• All paddlers aged 19 and older must sign an adult waiver prior to their lesson. This may be a digital form or a hard copy signed in person at the shop
• Minors 18 years of age and under must have an adult guardian sign an indemnification on their behalf. This may be a digital form or a hard copy signed in person at the shop
• We are located at 3840 Cadboro Bay Rd, Saanich BC, V8N 4G2
• There is free 2-hour parking near our shop or you may park all day for free in Cadboro-Gyro Park. This lot gets exceptionally busy during the summer
• Please check in at Gyro Beach Board Shop 5 to 10 minutes prior to your session
• You are required to sign a waiver at this time if you have not done so already
• Life vests are required for stand up paddle boarders as deemed by Transport Canada.
• You will be fitted for a life vest prior to your lesson and will be shown how to adjust it for comfort and safety
• If you have your own life vest, you are welcome to wear it however it must be certified by Transport Canada
• Our paddles are adjustable to accommodate adults and youth of most heights. Staff will assist you in sizing your paddle to the proper length prior to your lesson.
• The stand up paddle boards in our fleet are all “hard” boards made from fibreglass and epoxy resin. We believe these are superior to inflatable SUP’s when it comes to function and safety. They are fitted according to height and weight so don’t be surprised if we ask you for this information. A general approximation is fine.
. • We will have your SUP strapped to trolleys and equipment ready to go. The instructor will escort you on the short walk to the beach
• The launch site is steps away ( 5 minute walk) from our shop at Cadboro Gyro Beach
• Cadboro Bay is well protected so we stay inside the Bay near the shoreline
• Should the weather be deemed unsafe for paddling we may contact you by phone or email in advance of your lesson
• If you are concerned about the forecast or current conditions, feel free to call us
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.