Last updated: January 16, 2023
Interpretations and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Website, Products, and Services.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Gyro Beach Board Shop, 3840 Cadboro Bay Road, Victoria BC, V8N 4G2
- Cookies are small files that are placed on a computer or mobile device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Canada
- Device means any device that can access gyrobeachboards.ca such as a computer, laptop, cellphone, tablet, or any other mobile device.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website: gyrobeachboards.ca.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate and provide Products or Services on behalf of the Company, or to assist the Company in analyzing how our Services are used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Website.
- Website refers to Gyro Beach Boards Shop, accessible from gyrobeachboards.ca.
- ” You” means the individual accessing gyrobeachboards.ca, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the gyrobeachboards.ca, as applicable.
Types of Data Collected:
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Website.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Website by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device’s unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Website or when You access the Website by or through a mobile device.
While using Our Website or Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address; First name and last name; Phone number; Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City; Usage Data.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Products and Services, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Website. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Website that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance, and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Website.
- To contact You: by email, phone, SMS, Text, or other forms of digital communication, such as a Push Notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other Products, Services and Events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Website, Products, Services, Wordflow, Marketing, and Your overall experience.
- We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to delete or request that We assist in deleting the Personal Data that We have collected about You. Our Website may give You the ability to delete certain information about You. You may update, amend, or delete Your information at any time by signing in to Your Account, if you have one, and visiting the account settings section that allows you to manage Your personal information. You may also contact Us to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that You have provided to Us. Please note, however, that We may need to retain certain information when we have a legal obligation or lawful basis to do so.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Law enforcement – Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements – The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Website or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us. This Website is encrypted via SSL Security Certificate. All submissions are encrypted at both the time of entry and during purchase or form submissions.
Gyro Beach Board Shop is committed to your privacy and security and strives to prevent unauthorized access, and maintain data security. All Operating Systems Updates, Website Updates, Security Patches and Maintenance is completed on a regular basis to ensure all hotfixes and security updates are in place.
Please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of digital storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Website does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided
us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers. If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons: Certain sections of our Website and our emails may contain small digital files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies: Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
We may use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Session Cookies: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those products or services.
We provide paid Products and Services within Our website “gyrobeachboards.ca”. In that case, We may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g., secure payment gateways & processors).
We may use Your Personal Data to contact You with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email We send or by contacting Us.
We may use Email Marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to You.
Links to Other websites
By Email: email@example.com
By Contact Page: https://gyrobeachboards.ca/contact/
By Mail: 3840 Cadboro Bay Road, Victoria BC, V8N 4G2