Solarez Soft Board Repair Kit
Solarez Soft Board Repair Kit is the dynamic duo for soft top boards. Styrofoam & EPS-Core constructed soft surfboards, bodyboards and SUPs are very popular but often challenging to repair. This kit from Solarez has you covered. SPONGE-REZ is awesome for repairing on the outer skin and hull, but can melt the inner core. If EPS (inner foam core) is visible, first use the Solarez UV Cure Epoxy Resin to make a protective coating over the EPS, cure it in the sun for 45 seconds then apply SPONGE-REZ on top. Solarez Soft Board Repair Kit includes a 0.5 oz tube of Solarez UV Cure Epoxy Resin and a 0.5 oz tube of SPONGE-REZ.
For further details on each of these products, please see the individual descriptions.
- 0.5 oz Solarez UV Cure Epoxy resin
- 0.5 oz Solarez Sponge-Rez
EXTERIOR REPAIR DIRECTIONS (no Styrofoam showing)
1) Surface should be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease or wax.
2) Apply SPONGE-REZ directly to the outer skin or hull materials and allow to dry completely overnight.
FILLING A DEEP DING THAT INVADES TO THE EPS CORE:
1) If white EPS foam is exposed in any situation, first coat the EPS with Solarez EPOXY (in the blue tube). Allow 2 to 3 minutes for it to cure in good sunlight or with artificial UV light.
2) Now you can apply SPONGE-REZ to this surface and it will make a smooth, self-leveling overcoat.
1) Apply Solarez EPOXY (in the blue tube) to the white EPS foam, spread it smooth and allow 2 to 3 minutes exposure to sunlight.
2) Apply a smooth coating of SPONGE-REZ over top of the cured Solarez EPOXY and also apply a smooth coat to the delaminated hull or deck material.
3) Allow both sides to dry about 5-10 minutes, then press them together. It is best if you seal the repair shut with masking tape and allow it to sit overnight.
1) Apply two lines of masking tape 1/8” away from the seam center so you now have a 1/4″ gutter with the seam in the middle.
2) IN THE SHADE, apply a liberal bead of SPONGE-REZ, enough so that it floods the gap. Allow it to soak in for 30 seconds.
3) Remove the tape while the resin is still wet.
4) Allow to cure at least 2 hours before using.
Local Pick Up
• In store pick up is available Tuesday through Sunday from 10:30 AM to 6:00 PM
• We are closed on Mondays through the fall and winter months
• After completing your order, your purchased items will be set aside for you and ready for pickup
Greater Victoria / Vancouver Island / BC / Canada
• We ship orders within 24 hours through Canada Post. Should your order be placed after on a statutory holiday, it will be shipped the next day.
• Shipping cost is based on the size and weight of the total order.
• Shipping charges for your order will be calculated and displayed at checkout.
• Standard Canada Post delivery within Canada can be anywhere from 2 to 7 days depending on location.
• Priority Post, XpressPost and Expedited Parcel delivery times vary – see chart below – based on proximity to our shop (we are on the west coast of Canada).
• Flat rate shipping for Canada Post is available on certain products only (based on item size, weight, and quantity). Same delivery times as Expedited Parcels.
Checking Order Status
• Use the tracking number provided to check delivery status of your package
• We are currently only shipping within Canada at this time
• For further details on our Shipping Policy including returns and refunds check here